Tuesday 29 July 2014

LOVELY IS THE FATHERS' DAY


Having almost forgotten, 
Or I was not that keen enough,
To remember the day it was,
That day.
I received a message
In my phone.
A message from my dear wife;
That read,
“Happy Fathers day,
My dear.”
A glow of happiness showed on my face;
That originated from the very inner core of my heart,
Inside out!
And I broke into a hearty smile.
A smile irresistible to my own self.
A smile at the message;
As if surprised.
Yes,
In fact,
Sweet surprise it was!

While I was struggling on,
What to write about,
Under my main subject,
“What’s love?!”
What a coincidence,
On what to write about!
I thought to myself.
Immediately,
I broke into pen and paper,
As salute to her positive gesture.
Though many a mile away;
True love always remembers,
Knows no distance,
Knows no boundaries, and
Waits.
I dedicate this piece of writing to her;
My wife, Florence and my kids:
Dennis,
Teresa,
Gift, and
Emmanuel.
Keep on remembering me,

Always;
With much love.

Lovely is Fathers’ day,
When you receive good wishes,
From mother of your kids!
Lovely is Fathers’ day,
When it gives you a topic
To write about by coincidence.
Lovely is Fathers’ day,
When you put it down in writing,
For future use.
Lovely is Fathers’ day.
Yes,
Lovely is Fathers’ day,
When you write to live,
And live to write;
Lovely is Fathers’ day.
To remind fathers
To love and
Take good care of their families.
Yes,
Lovely is Fathers’ day.

No comments:

Post a Comment